Friday, June 3, 2011
The trip to Grandma and Grandpa A's
Monday we packed up and headed over the mountains. Andrew got car sick after Glenwood Springs Canyon. When we stopped half way through he seemed fine but before we got to Vail I looked back and he was white as a ghost and I immediately dumped out the bag of bagels I was holding to have something to play catch with. I then proceeded to turn around 500 times to check on him which happened to make me carsick. Ugh. The higher we got up Vail pass the sicker I felt and I wondered if some of it wasn't the altitude. By the time we were at the top even my Mom was a little blah feeling (power of persuasion). I couldn't talk anymore but luckily Luke was saying all kinds of silly things (many of which I wouldn't allow under normal circumstances- what is it with boys and potty words?) and making Andrew laugh. By the time we were on the other side of Vail pass Andrew would eat and drink some and I was able to take a few bites of food which helped. I was nervous about Loveland pass but we made it without any catching needed :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I totally understand the carsick thing...and Denver to Glenwood Springs is just asking for it! I'm glad you survived.
Ugh, sounds like a crisis was averted but STILL! What a pain of a drive.
Post a Comment