Let me just preface this whole post by saying that Luke is a deep sleeper.
While we were at Curtis and Alaina's house in CA I noticed Luke stumbling out of our room around midnight one night. Figuring he needed to go to the bathroom I followed to help. He started up the hall toward the front of their house (and Daddy) so I turned him around and sent him in the right direction. As soon as he got in the bathroom he started laying down next to the toilet. I stood him back up and helped him pull down his pants. Somewhere along the way I started telling him he needed to wake up. By this point I was really trying to wake him up. Well as soon as his pants were down he turned towards their pedestal sink and started peeing. I, in the midst of admonishing him to "wake up," grabbed him and swung him around to the toilet. He did a nice little fountain across their bathroom (though I admit I tried to catch it with my hand- why do we Mom's do that?). At the time, I was none to pleased. I washed my hands (just wanted to make sure you all know that!) and left the bathroom to Kiley to clean up. The fabulous kicker in all this is Luke has no memory- even after Mom got a bit ticked about the fountain towards the sink business.
A couple other related stories of the week. One night this week when Kiley came up to bed (he always does quite late) he found Luke in the bathroom door sleeping with no pants or undies. At least he made it to the toilet but who can bother staying awake long enough to get those pesky things back on?
Last night when I went up to bed at 1 (Relief Society Lesson) Luke was asleep on my side of the bed. I was concerned about the dryness of my bed- but don't worry it was. We helped him do his business and took him back to bed. Again, no memory of it this morning though last night he told me he was sleeping on my bed because of Magic Tree House 36 and 37. Yeah- makes sense to me too!
Anyone else have a deep sleeper and how do you avoid these and other such accidents?







4 comments:
Ew. You tried to catch it? You are such a mother of boys. :)
THAT is really funny. Nuff said.
My brother is a big sleepwalker, and my dad had to assist him with nighttime potty trips for quite a while because he slept so deeply (I'm not sure they were noble enough to catch the fountains, though). Good luck!
Does Luke like Magic Tree House too? My boys LOVE those books. They're great in the car too (if you have the audio version).
Luke is such a sleepwalker! (and sleep-pee-er)
Post a Comment