Saturday, September 18, 2010

Deep Thoughts

A few days ago Luke and I were talking (during bath time)
Me: Are you glad you're a boy?
L- Yes
Me- Why?
L- because I'm glad I don't have to have a baby come out of me- that would hurt
Me- ha, ha
L-but the only thing I don't like about being a boy is going to work all day when I grow up

So tonight we were having a similar conversation and I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up.
L- A grown up
Me- but what do you want to do?
L- stay up really late at night after you're asleep and play the Wii for maybe a billion hours
Me- what do you want to do during the day for work?
L- Stare at things
Me- Do you want to be a doctor, scientist, astronaut...
L- No, I just want to stare at things
(Earlier today as we drove past Kiley's work Luke asked him what he does all day and Kiley said stare at a computer. I guess that's what he wants to do- though apparently not a computer)

5 comments:

Cristina said...

I love it! and admire his honesty.

Danielle said...

HA!! How did Luke get so hilarious!? Adam and I both laughed about this.

Fowler family said...

These are such cute conversations. So great for you to have it all written down!

Laura said...

You're going again in November?!? Oh how very very tempting that is to see you guys and hang out. That would be SO fun! Keep me updated on this plan...

Beverly Livingston said...

That is awesome! I love how kids mind works.