The topic was Heavenly Father sent me to my family- I was hoping we could tie in Samuel the Lamanite because he LOVES that story but I never did figure out a way to do that. So, instead I found the I belong to a Family lesson in Luke's primary manual and asked Luke those questions to come up with his talk. We had fun holding up pictures of not only our family but also Adam and Eve, their family, and baby Jesus with his parents.
Here's the talk (including notes of what pictures we were holding up or the pictures themselves :-)
Hold up Pic of Adam and Eve
This is Adam and Eve.
Hold up pic of Adam and Eve with their family
This is a picture of them teaching their kids. They were the first family. They had a sheep.
Hold up pic of Jesus with his family
This is Jesus’ earthly family. He was the oldest just like me!
I belong to a family too!
Heavenly Father sent me to my family.
This is me when I was a baby with my parents.
I have a baby brother named Andrew
We also have a dog named Shadow.

This is my family!
Mommy and Daddy fed me and played with me when I was a baby.

Now I like to play and share my toys with Andrew. We like to laugh together.

I like to play hide and seek, have races, and watch my Daddy play games.

I like to play the doggie game, high ho cheerio, and Bingo or read books with my Mommy.

We take care of each other.
When I am scared my Mommy or Daddy hold me, read me a story, or sing a song to me.
When Andrew has a monster in his room we read him a book or sing him a song.
To help my family I clean up my toys, make Andrew laugh, and put my plate on the counter when I’m done eating.
I feel happy when I help my family.
I like to hug my family and give them hugs and kisses so they know I love them.
I love my family and I am thankful for them!!
For those of you who think Luke might be a little young to give the talk- he agreed with you. He wouldn't even hold the pictures! Maybe next time he'll be the one to give the talk not just write it!







6 comments:
What a cute talk (and cute pics to go with it). I love that his favorite story is Samuel the Lamanite! Jacob doesn't even know that one yet!
Great little talk!! I love that you documented his first talk on your blog, I wouldn't have even thought to do that!
What 5-minute talk assignment will ever be fulfilled by a 3-year-old by himself? But great idea to get the talk idea from the Primary manual. And what a cute talk--great idea to save it in the blog so he can see his first talk later!
So cute! Luke's talk sounded adorable!
So cute!
What a cute kiddo!
I love little kids and their talks.
When Isaac prepares for a talk we record it on a tape recorder and he listens to it at night...he totally memorizes it and I just hold the pictures.
Karen (Arnett) was my neighbor my entire life...her dad still lives in the house next door to my parents. Small world for sure!
I ran into her at the mall and found out her husband was a professor at byu...too cool!
Post a Comment