Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Luke!!

Happy Birthday to Luke
Happy Birthday to Luke
Happy Birthday dear Lucas
Happy Birthday to you!!

This was the song sung many times today to 3 year old Luke!! All morning he kept saying "Happy birthday to me." It was SO cute. When people called and sang him happy birthday he would grin from ear to ear! Highlights of his birthday celebration:

At 7:20 I went to peek at Luke to see if he was still asleep (he usually comes in at 7:00). He was awake and had already opened two of his presents! Good thing I went when I did or we might have missed all of them!!

Last night we went to Chuck E Cheese with the other MBA family to have a little party. Their daughter Maggie and Luke have become good friends this summer. It was so fun for him to have someone around his age to play with (Maggie is 10 months older than Luke).

Making invitations

Opening his present at Chuck E Cheese
Chuck E Cheese!!



Today we played with his new toys all morning including Hi-Ho Cheerio, Candy Land, Where are my toys?, Mickey Mouse Memory, an Elmo book with five puzzles, some letters and numbers for the bath, a construction little people set, his new Diego Trike and his most favorite- a Buzz Lightyear toy. His Aunts, Uncles, and two cousins came over for cake and ice cream along with Mandy and Maggie. Viv and Tim (an Aunt and Uncle) surprised Luke (and his parents) by giving him an aquarium with 6 fish. We will see how long we get to keep it but hopefully he'll enjoy it for the next month!

Luke opening presents solo

Playing with Buzz

Grandma and Grandpa Allen singing "Happy Birthday"

Blowing out his candles

How old are you Luke?

Some of the party goers



After not taking a nap (playing with Buzz is too much fun!) we went to a ward party with our old ward in North Las Vegas. We got to go swimming at a BIG pool that has lots of water toys and a slide. Luke had a blast despite his tiredness. Andrew- not so much. He had a rough day.

Overall it was a great day! I am SO glad to be Luke's Mommy. We love him to pieces. He was an easy, laid back little baby and he still is sweet and SO fun. He loves to sing his ABCs (or any other song if he can shake is maracas), play with his Thomas train track, dance, read books, and throw balls. I'm so grateful for three years ago when we were blessed to become parents to this sweet boy.

7 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Happy Birthday Luke! It sounds like a fun day. I wish I could have been able to go to the ward party, but I was out of town. It would have been fun to see your cute family!

Mikki said...

It was so good to see you at the ward party. Hopefully we can get together for a play date or something before you leave. Luke and Andrew both are just so so cute. Happy Birthday again to little Luke!!

Mandy said...

Happy birthday, Luke! Thanks for the fun times at Chuck E Cheese!

Brandon and Laura said...

Oh that looks like so much fun. I'm sad we couldn't be there to celebrate!

janel said...

I love that he started opening his presents before he got out of bed! What a cute kid--we miss him and you guys.

m@R(! said...

Wow! looks like he had such a great day! he seemed to have fun.
He is so cute and getting so big. The big 3!!!

Kasey Lighten said...

I can't believe he is already 3! Sounds like a fantastic birthday bash though...you can't beat Chuck E. Cheeses. :) Too fun!