Thursday, May 24, 2012

Swimming Lessons

Amid my end of pregnancy madness I signed the boys up for swimming lessons. Truthfully a lady in my ward HIGHLY recommended this teacher who was doing the lessons for only a few days while she was home from graduate school (where she's getting her masters degree in Therapeutic Recreation!!). First I figured there was NO WAY. Then I changed my mind figuring I wouldn't have the baby until they were done anyway. Well, he came the day before they started so Daddy took them to 3, grandma 1 and me the last 2. This teacher was amazing! She got my 4 year old who wouldn't leave the steps unless forced by one of the parents to SWIM. He's sort of water safe now- at least he knows he's supposed to swim for the stairs. Of course, he's also more confident which means he needs to be watched closer until we have A LOT more practice. But really- amazing. Luke worked on strokes. Andrew is no longer afraid of the water and willingly put his face in and swam- from day 1 I hear! I only got to see the last 2 days. Wow. 
 Andrew floating on his stomach
 Swimming for the stairs
 Jumping in, willingly, alone
 swimming after the jump
 Luke working on his strokes
Luke waiting for his turn

No comments: