We decided to add a day on to our trip and go to Disneyland. Besides the heat it was a lot of fun. I thought I might die from the 100 degree temperatures but was happy to have brought a spray bottle. Kiley did point out to me that the lines were pretty short. However a few of our favorite rides were closed- some we'd known about (Haunted Mansion, Pirates) and others not (Splash Mountain).
Saying goodbye to family :( Thanks for letting us come- we always love it!
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Andrew's Favorite (along with the new little mermaid ride in CA Adventure) Small World. The figures were out around the clock- Andrew was much more interested in watching them than bothering with a family picture.
Tarzan's treehouse- another favorite...if only it weren't so HOT
King Triton's Carousel. I thought I would die of heat on this. I learned to always carry our spray bottle and water bottle. They made a big difference!
One of our times around Andrew wanted to sit on the bench...
Waiting in line for Toy Story Mania- see Luke's red face? We'd been in the shade for 20 min. and it was still super red. Shade doesn't do as much good when it's humid!
Redwood Challenge Course- waiting for Grizzly River run Luke and I went in here. It had finally cooled off (or rather the sun was no longer beating down- it was still 90 when we left at 9 pm) so this was fun. We'd never been in there.
Tire swing zipline
Star Tours- the longest lines if you didn't get a fast pass. Wish Andrew and I wouldn't have gone. We went in our last hour. I hadn't eaten and got major motion sickness. Andrew was too young- I covered his eyes for half of it. Kiley said it is much improved and was probably his favorite ride!

Andrew and I ended the evening on his favorite ride- small world. Kiley and Luke managed to get on Space Mountain.
I took way fewer pictures this time because it was so hot (have I mentioned that) and I know I already have pictures from past visits.
Luke's favorites: (since pirates and haunted mansion were closed) Goofy's Sky School and the new Little Mermaid Ride
Andrew's favorites: Little Mermaid and Small World
Kiley's favorite: Space Tours
Cheryl-Lynn's favorite: Soarin' over California
Whole family favorite: Anything with AC!! Buzz, Toy Story Mania
We then made the dumb move (again) of driving the whole way home. Luckily Kiley wasn't too tired because I was both sick (thank you Star Tours) and tired. Still I don't want to do that again. And this time I mean it!
The next morning when I first saw Andrew he told me "Mom, I LOVED Disneyland." Worth the heat to hear those words. First time he's really enjoyed it (despite our making him go on several 40" rides he could have done without).







8 comments:
I'm so sorry about the heat, but this post kept making me laugh and laugh. I'm glad you survived, and I love the cute picture of you and Kiley together by yourselves in the Mormon Battalion museum post.
It really is a must sometime for us to go to Disneyland with the experts (aka you guys)!
Nevermind all these awesome pictures, YOUR HAT STOLE MY ATTENTION! I love it. I'm happy to see you wearing a palmetto tree. :)
Yeah for visiting family and for Disneyland! Glad you got to sneak it in for a day, although the drive home sounds killer.
At Disneyland Paris, my daughter's favorite ride was Small World. She said "I'm not scared of anything in here". Looks like you had a lot of fun rode a ton of rides for one day, so the lines had to be short. By the way, was it hot???
i thought I just posted a comment, did it not go through?
okay, here's what I said-
"Oh how fun to go to Disneyland Cheryl-Lynn! I bet the boys were in heaven. Next time you guys need another vacation, you come on down here to Arkansas and we'll take you to Silver Dollar City. Not as cool as DL, but almost :)"
Heat plus humidity--not a good combo.
I need to take my kiddo's to Disneyland. We haven't been there since Ashley was three. Haley and the boys haven't ever been. We were disappointed a bit the last time we went, because quite a few rides were closed. We'll have to research the best time to go--when most of the rides are open and the weather isn't horrible.
Sweet family memories though.
Post a Comment