Monday, December 13, 2010

play...

Last night we went to our Stake's musical fireside. I wasn't sure if we would go although I knew I wanted to. When I got home from choir I asked Kiley if he wanted to go. Luke perked up asking what I was talking about. I told him it was a musical fireside where people would be singing and playing instruments. He was like "YEAH, I wanna do that!" His enthusiasm convinced us- despite the fact that it started at 7. Not long before it started, Luke looked at me and said "Mom, can I go play now?" I told him the fireside hadn't even started yet to which he responded "but Mom, when do I get to play?" I starting laughing, realizing that Luke's enthusiasm had centered on one word... play. While I think he did enjoy the hour long fireside... he REALLY wanted to play.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That's hilarious. Which instrument do you think he'll play one day? :)

Danielle said...

HA ha!! What a disappointment for Luke!