Friday, December 3, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly

Andrew is working hard at potty training. He likes to wear a diaper but tonight he kept it dry for 3 hours at our ward party- and he even went potty once at the party! So advice time. I have mostly kept him naked on the bottom and he has done very well- very few accidents (none today when naked on the bottom!). However, as soon as we stick undies on him- he has accidents. Not such a fabulous thing. Tonight he told me Elmo like to be wet (he has Elmo undies). Any ideas? I'm okay with naked on the bottom but it can't last forever and doesn't work well away from home...

2 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

My take on potty training is to put them in undies, plan to do lots of laundry, expect accidents and just run with it, knowing they will get the hang of it. So maybe they have 7 accidents in one day. Don't make a big deal of it, say, oops, that was an accident, remind them to do it in the potty next time, reward for when they do go in the potty and let them learn. It has worked for me 3 times. Good luck!

Danielle said...

Wow. I need advice from you. I am afraid to take the plunge again.