Monday, October 19, 2009

Things to remember

Andrew LOVES playing outside. He wishes we lived there and he could throw rocks to his hearts content. He does, however, get several opportunities to go out when we walk Shadow. Now whenever he wants to go out, he brings us Shadow's leash- even if it's not time to take her out. No one can call him subtle.

Today we were sitting at a light in the car and Luke asked us "why does that sign say 'zoo' and have an arrow pointing that way?" It took me a minute to figure out he had just read a green road sign. He definitely can recognize other words (no, Luke, I'm sure there are more...) by sight but I had no idea "zoo" fit that category. So fun to see his love of books turning into a love of letter sounds/ words. He's also obsessed with numbers.

On a side note, I now get to hope Luke forgets about the Las Vegas Zoo- it's not worth visiting.

No comments: