Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One Year Check Up

Andrew had his one year check-up today. Hooray!! He weighed in at a whooping 17 lbs. 9 oz. (my goal- somewhere between 17 1/2 and 18 lbs so we made that) and measured 29 inches. His head is just under 47 cm. which is important- he had it measured 4 times to make sure. We wouldn't want too big a head! He was not a fan of that nor his ears being checked. On a happy note, he opened his mouth nice and wide (the doctor told him he should breath- but the scream did serve a purpose!). Besides those few traumatic things, he was a happy, smiley kid.

Andrew does not like touching anything cold, sticky, really anything that doesn't feel like a cracker, bread, bagel or other dry goods (cereal). He pretty much eats all fruits/veggies pureed still. Considering he didn't start eating solids until 7 1/2 months I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The doctor recommended having him play in pudding or with finger paints. I decided to try it out tonight with yogurt. Here's the results:





So what do you think? Is he a fan? I MADE him put his hands in it- what a mean Mom! Guess we'll have to keep trying this until he's at least marginally okay with having sticky, cold things touch his hands.

3 comments:

Mikki said...

How funny. He'll probably turn out to love all that icky sticky ooey gooey stuff.

Teresa said...

That's funny...
Sometimes I wish Halle didn't love sticky gooey stuff quite so much.
At least he is growing. Slowly but surely.

Tiffanie said...

Happy Birthday, andrew!!! Gosh, Ella is such a porker, she's already 17lbs and she's only 7 months.