
Our first day we took it easy, let the kiddos play and Andrew get decent naps in his pack 'n play. That night we got yummy ice cream at Baskin Robbins and then went swimming at the AWESOME pool in their complex. It has a zero depth entry with a little beach the kids can play on. It was a lot of fun! We went to the pool several times.

Saturday we did an AWESOME shopping trip to Savers (twice), Ross, and Target. I got a few presents for Luke's third birthday but mostly we had fun buying Melinda cooler (literally) clothes. It was so much fun and by the end of the day she had 13 new shirts, 6 new capris, 2 new swimsuits, and 1 new pair of sandals- at least I think those were the final numbers. I got a new shirt too! Uriah was nice enough to watch the older two kids all afternoon and evening. Thanks Uriah! We did meet up at the mall where they have an indoor playground, a dog store, and a KB toys that happened to have a bouncy castle all set up (good thing because Luke had been talking about going to a bouncy place all day). Melinda and I only saw the kiddos at the playground and dinner (yummy Little Caesars Pizza) but Uriah assured us they had fun at the other places too.
Sunday we played Gulo Gulo which is a very fun game involving eggs, card flipping, and an alarm stick. The kids love it! We also went to church and didn't take naps (except a few for Andrew of course). That's what happens when you have afternoon church!

Monday was our busy day! We went to the zoo in the morning. It was HOT but most of where we walked was shaded and there were even misters!
Luke by the goose
Petting zoo fun
Children's section of the zoo
Monkeys playing REALLY close to us!
Elephants steal the show (the kiddos wouldn't look at the camera!)
The Train around the Park (well worth the price on a hot day!!)
So long zoo!
*fashion note- it was a green and khaki day at the zoo for these two families (unfortunately Andrew spit up all over his outfit so he was in blue for all the pictures:-) )
We, of course, played many games while in Phoenix. Uriah is a HUGE game fan and Melinda and I were happy to oblige- as long as he played nice:-) We played Gulo Gulo, Ticket to Ride, and Bonanza. It was TONS of fun!

Melinda and Uriah gifted me with some new "girly" PJs (I usually wear shorts and a T-shirt). Melinda has some matching ones- so before we left we spent WAY too much time trying to get a good picture...here were the results...
From here we had to stop 3 more times (1 diaper change for Luke/gas fill up- who knew gas was cheaper in Kingman, AZ!, 1 bathroom break for Mom (please know that squishing two kids into a port 'o potty is, um, not ideal "don't touch ANYTHING Luke"), and 1 feeding break for Andrew). All these stops made the trip seem to take FOREVER- not to mention that I was SO tired by the end! But the good news is we made it all in one piece and we were SO happy to see Daddy!!
Thanks so much Melinda and Uriah for the fun week!! We miss you guys!













5 comments:
I'm impressed and happy to hear that you did the drive with the 2 kids - way to go!! Sounds like a great trip - although hot, but you are in hot already this summer, right?!
Cute pictures - I'm such a fan of pictures and reading about it too, but there is something just so great about looking at pictures :)
You are so brave to attempt that all without Kiley! Looks like fun.
Sounds like a great trip! Glad you got home to Kiley safely too. That's quite a collection of sister pictures. Fun!
Fun trip, and yes, kuddo's to you for making it alone! And the sista pics, classic (: Miss you guys!!
Wow. I need to hang out with you in Phoenix. You know a lot more about this place than I do. Kleenex-That's adorable. Amazing Jakes looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to check that out!
Post a Comment