Sunday, April 20, 2008

Farm Country

On Thursday we went to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point with MBASA. We had a lot of fun- especially Luke. He LOVES animals and he got to see lots of them and even feed some (or at least watch Mom feed them). We drove up with our friends Mary and Henry and both Mary and I agreed having two of us was much easier for feeding and bathroom breaks. Of course, since I'm the one with two kids I got the real deal. Thanks Mary!



As you can see I made a slide show with all the pictures but here's a quick summary:

Luke got to ride a Pony (named Nutmeg, I think). This was the highlight of the whole trip!
We got to see a donkey, chickens, horses, rabbits, sheep, goats, llamas, ducks, various other bird including a white peacock (is there such a thing as albino peacocks?), and I'm sure others I'm forgetting.
We got to feed the horses, ducks, a donkey, and goats.
We saw some baby goats that had just been born (as in she was just cleaning them off, you could see the water, and she hadn't yet passed her after birth- poor goat gave birth in front of a big crowd).
We got to have a picnic.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ack! Remember how we were talking about carpooling this summer? Well I totally forgot that we are leaving the back bench of the van HERE so we can fit the double stroller easily into the car this summer! Sad, huh?! But we can still walk places. I figure I'll only be walking as far as the park and the pool everyday, unless there's some good trails for walking in the early a.m. before the sun starts to scorch.

janel said...

Luke was brave enough to get on the horse? Nice going! It looks like fun. I hope it's still going and we can slip up there.