So- on to the post. Tummy Time- oh the happiest time in any babies life- especially the little ones who can barely move their head let alone lift it. This is a time that Andrew has not got to experience as much as Luke- unless of course you count all the times he lays across our laps (a favorite position of his- great for his fussiness!). Somehow having two kids has pushed tummy time out of the picture. Really, how do I find time when Andrew hasn't just eaten and isn't too tired- two factors that can hinder successful tummy time.

Well a few days ago I pulled out the little play mat that is for kids 0-10 months. Andrew did really well- lifting his head and not immediatly protesting. I think he even did it for ten minutes! I am happy to report he is developing neck strength even with his mom's neglect of tummy time!
Now I would just like to question the 0-10 month age on this little contraption. As you see here- Luke was quite interested in doing tummy time too! Actually, he was just interested in all the things the mat and hanging animals can do- things he never cared about as a 10 month old (or younger!). I have now decided these things are mostly for the older siblings- hopefully they won't kill their little brother or sister because they are so entertained by all the contraptions. What do you think?
Luke proceeded to play with this mat for an hour after Drew was done with tummy time. He has even managed to play with it every day since even though no tummy time has taken place (sigh).







8 comments:
Nicholas was the same way. There were times I was worried that he was going to pull the whole thing apart while Emilie was laying under it. So many bright colors and fun noises to be made with the animals. Cute kids!! We need to get together.
I am a naughty mother when it comes to tummy time. It's so hard to remember (and then they hate it so much)! Glad you're feeling better. Maybe we can walk to the library together and recommend books for each other! (Since I already finished and enjoyed everything by Mindy Starns Clark)
I think tummy time was invented by doctors to make sure new moms had enough to do in their day. I don't believe in it (maybe b/c I'm too lazy to do it, and my kids walk fine and talk without stuttering). And there's NOTHING like a new baby toy (or carseat or swing or mat) to get big kids excited.
Hey! I just found your blog through one of the other MBA families and noticed that you know Sam and Mollie! We were in their ward in SD before we moved up here--how do you know them?
~Kim www.nuttyfam.blogspot.com
YEA for tummy time. I have noticed that when the younger sibling is playing with something the older one wants to play with it as well. GO FIGURE!
wasnt' like just that age. crazy
What fun to see how big Luke is and to check out Andrew. It's so fun having two boys...and yes you will continue to deal with the "sharing" of toys, books, or whatever the other one has! (Even when they really aren't interested in it!) Hope that you're enjoying Provo. we miss you here!
Hey - I just found your blog and am so glad! The pictures of Andrew in his little white suit are adorable, and I totally agree about those tummy-time mats. We have the same one, and I've never had a baby play with it the way they seem to on the commercials. It's always the older kids who think it's relatively cool.
Post a Comment