Tuesday, April 9, 2013

One thing Kiley learned

after he married me is after we go on a fun trip- I kind of tend to say "one week ago" or "two weeks ago we were blah blah blah." I love to plan trips, I love to go on trips, and I love to reminisce about trips! We were lucky enough to go to San Francisco over spring break this year and we all had a great time!! So for the last two weeks Kiley has got to relive what we were doing with me. I thought it was high time to share our trip with my much neglected blog. Since this is ultimately for my children there may be more details than you care to know so feel free to skim pictures or just skip all together :)

We left Friday afternoon after Andrew, Benjamin and I picked Kiley and Luke up from Kiley's office. For some reason, I drove to Barstow which included a not so elegant way of getting on the freeway and a bit slower drive through the ugly CA desert. We went to In N Out for dinner which worked out well because our two oldest have now started eating cheeseburgers but not so well because everyone else likes to stop at In N Out also. After our hour long stop, we took the long way through Barstow (because the road we were on closed for 100 ft or it would have been the quick way!) to highway 58 and continued our journey to Bakersfield. We stayed at Quality Inn which worked out well. Benjamin had a rough time getting to sleep since he's not used to his pack n play. He eventually fell asleep in Kiley's arms and slept through the night :) The other two boys were so excited to have their own bed! I guess we've stayed in lots of hotels with only a King bed and they get to sleep on the floor! There was a continental breakfast at the restaurant next door which was very helpful! My favorite part was the yogurt, blueberries, and granola!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Having the TV on the wall sure gives you more room on the dresser! I remember travelling as a child was always so much fun--an adventure!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you got to go on a fun family trip!!