After breakfast we headed to Diamond Head- an old crater and state park. It is a relatively short hike with too many stairs. We didn't get there until 9:30 so it was a little hot by the end and pretty busy. We parked in the college lot below and hiked a little extra.
Looking at the trail on the way up- we kind of felt like army ants
I was surprised by how brown it was on parts of the Island
The bay from half way up
With the two of us :)
Looking out at Waikiki from the top
together :)
Looking out over the bay
And from this picture you can tell just how busy it was up there. I didn't feel like I was on a hike- I felt like I was in a tourist trap!
We then headed over to Big City Diner for lunch and discovered how hard it is to find parking around Honolulu. After Big City we headed to Costco and then back to our B&B. We were both a little tired and out of wack so we hung out for a while there. Then we went looking for snorkel gear (no go- we didn't want to pay Snorkel Bob's week price) and looked for someplace to eat dinner. Then we headed down to Waikiki, bought a couple post cards for the boys and sat on the beach in the dark. The sand at Waikiki was kind of rough- something I hadn't expected. Interesting the huge variety in ecosystems on such a small island! I was asleep by 9.







1 comment:
Ah, that's why I love Hawaii! The jungle, the volcanic rock, the ocean, the differences in temperatures. It's all so different and so great! I will have to try a B&B when we go just the two of us.
Post a Comment