Monday, May 2, 2011

Memories worth keeping...

Andrew is opinionated. Have I mentioned that? Well, most recently (as in the last 4 months) he is opinionated about my hair. He DOES NOT like it up. He often greets me by telling me to take a shower and wear my hair down. "Mom, I no like you when your hair up." On the way to the airport in CO I was sitting in between the boys and they kept touching my hair. I put it in a pony tail so that this wouldn't be a problem. Andrew proceeded to have a ten minute crying fit (he was tired) until he noticed that it was no longer up. It is pretty much a daily thing that he tells me to wear my hair down and on the days I wear it up I hear about it again and again. The kid is 3. His poor wife.

Luke likes to guess what we are spelling (we don't do it a lot anymore since he can usually figure it out) so one day he said, "hey, guess what I'm spelling." Then he'd say "ctrum" or some other combination of letters. Kiley and I were guessing words that at least started with the letters he was spelling. After a few tries he informed us that the letters had nothing to do with the words he was spelling. hmmmm...then we just guessed whatever and it went much better :)

My two little boys are sweet friends. They fight some. They wrestle in good fun ALL the time (with some injuries) but mostly, they just spend hours and hours playing together. I love it. I'm so glad they have each other!

8 comments:

Bickmores said...

Both of your boys sound so cute. What fun memories to have!

Natalie Allen said...

It must be a boy thing to be so obsessed with hair. James hates when I don't have my hair pulled back. He tells me to "get your rubber band"

m@R(! said...

The hair thing is hilarious. There are a few little boys in my ward who have to play with my hair whenever they see it. my girls could care less.

Laura said...

The hair thing is really funny and interesting lol

Lindsay said...

Funny. My Luke just told me the other day before I was going to work out that he didn't want me to put my hair up because he liked it down. Funny boys!

Mary said...

Miss these 2 boys, and you!! Happy Mother's Day Cheryl-Lynn!!

Lori said...

Fun stuff to remember. I should do this, too! Miss you- I need to get back into being active out in the blogosphere again and get up to date :)

Danielle said...

Your boys are hilarious.