On Wednesday (11/24) Andrew was just finishing breakfast and asked me to come unbuckle him. Then he said "Hurry Mom, poopy coming." to which I responded "oh, do you want to go sit on the potty?" and he said his little "yeah" which sounds more like "waaa." So off we went. He sat on the downstairs potty for a few minutes with me reading to him. I had things to get done so after a bit we went upstairs and he sat on my potty so I could pack. Sometimes I'd get him down and he'd say "Mommy, poopy coming" and I'd plop him back on the potty. About 40 minutes later he said "Mommy poopy!" and sure enough he had started (and finished) going poopy and then "water" in the toilet. Every time he'd have more to get out (tmi?) he'd say, "close the door Mommy." Needless to say Mommy did a potty dance and we called Grandma, Daddy, and Aunt Melinda to share the news. Aunt Melinda asked if he'd do it at her house too, to which he responded "waaa (yeah)."
Thursday while we were eating Thanksgiving Dinner he told me "Mommy, poopy coming" so off we went and 5 minutes later- he went poppy and water (his word) in the toilet! Hooray for Andrew!!
Yesterday he didn't tell us ahead of time so there was no going potty in the toilet but this is a pretty good start- two positive experiences for our almost 3 year old.
Good work Andrew!!
2 comments:
Hooray! Good job, Andrew!
What?! No fair! Can he teach Cindy? We haven't had any success yet.
Post a Comment