Monday, July 19, 2010

5 Big Ones

Luke with the mazes at the children's museum
Boatman
Disney with best bud and bro.

Today is my Luke's birthday. 5 years ago I was (still) in labor with this kid. When I found out my labor was probably going to be long (the nurse at the hospital told me 24-36 hours- luckily(?) it was only 21) I got a pep talk from my Mom. She told me I could do this for Luke, that he was worth it. Boy is he! We love this kid so much. He made Kiley and me parents and that's a pretty special thing. He still gives awesome hugs and is super cuddly- even at 5. He loves anything book related. He doesn't take naps much and lately has been spending quiet times listening to the magic tree house series. We've already read it once but he doesn't care and loves listening to them over and over. He loves games- we have been playing one card game for the last week- as much as Kiley or I are able. He is an awesome big brother. A big helper to Andrew- often taking his hand to help him with something or take him to go play together. Andrew loves to wrestle with Luke and Luke is a great sport. Luke loves to laugh and has a great laugh. His school and church teachers always tell us how much they enjoy him. He can still act shy but comes out of his shell faster. A few months ago he even gave the scripture in primary!
Favorites (per his answers today)
color: orange
animal: T-rex
food: pizza
cartoon: scooby dooby doo
game: Crazy Old Fish War
Wii game to watch: Indiana Jones
Wii game to play: Mario Brothers
computer game: Psychonauts
scripture story: Samuel the Lamanite
book: Magic Tree House
first book he read: Green Eggs and Ham
dessert: sherbet
favorite thing we did in the last year: Disneyland!!

Happy Birthday Luke- we love you!


6 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I LOVE this boy! In my mind, he is WAY to smart to just be five, but at the same time, I want him to stay little...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Luke!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Luke!! I love that he has a favorite Wii game to WATCH and a favorite to PLAY. :)

Dawnia said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! They grow up so fast, don't they?

Danielle said...

It's true, he is very special! And he does have the greatest laugh ever. We can't wait for our rendezvous with Star Command tomorrow.

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Luke! It looks like he had a good day. I can't believe he's 5. I'm trying to figure out a way to make them (our kids) stay little. If I find it, I'll let you know :)

Laura F said...

Happy late birthday Luke! Five is such a great age. I love his answers - I should do more of that with my kids. What a great idea!