Two weeks ago we were finishing up our last day of happy. That's right people- 5 days. And you know what, I'd go back again today if I could. I don't get tired of that place! Kiley on the other hand, he only went one day and would probably be fine waiting three years to go back again. This was a special trip because my sister and brother and both their families came also. It was SO much fun. It's always fun to see cousins playing together. Luke and Sarah were both 4 (Sarah's now 5 and Luke has 6 weeks until he's 5- he lets us know ALL the time) and Kinley will be 4 in September so those three were often sitting by themselves on rides. Aspen will be 2 in a few days and good old Andrew is almost 2 1/2 so they enjoyed standing in line together and not being so thrilled with the actual rides. My SIL Marci has posted some Disney pics here also if you don't get enough from my post.
Without farther ado, Disneyland part 1:
Andrew: last year when we went (see post here) Andrew was fairly indifferent to all the rides. He'd go on any ride and just sit but show little preference. I thought this year would be awesome- he'd love it- right? WRONG!! For the first few days, everytime we got on a ride he'd either start saying, "no, no, no" or sign all done. He got very good at covering his eyes or ears. If you aren't familiar with Andrew when he has an opinion (often) he lets you know (yelling). I think he enjoyed standing in the lines- lots of people watching. Actually, by the end he definitely had some favorites:
Aunt Marci, Aspen, Mommy, Andrew
Andrew's definite favorite: Either Carousel. By the end he would yell "NO" when it was time to get off. He even graduated to riding by himself but most the time he had an adult behind him.
First trip on the carousel- Andrew wouldn't let me get him near a horse so we sat on the bench. That never happened again.
Daddy and Andrew
Andrew and Uncle Jon
Okay this isn't Small World- but Andrew LOVED Small World. He liked to clap like the older kids and look and point at EVERYTHING.
Goofy's house
Minnie's house
Anyplace that didn't involve getting on an unknown ride at the end.
Andrew also enjoyed the Tiki room.
Favorite character:
Peter Pan- Andrew went right up to him and as you can see from my blurry picture- even stood next to him. I'm in many of the character pictures because Andrew wouldn't go in them by himself.
Luke: Can you say LOVED Disneyland. Really and truly this place is made for kids his age (and my age too- but you know...).
His favorites:

Haunted Mansion- first ride he requested. I had gone over alone the first day because the other families weren't ready: read my kids got up nice and early. We headed straight over there and walked right into the mansion. Luke had a VERY tight grip and Andrew started yelling "NOOOO, NOOOOOOO" at which point I decided to wait until more adults were around to go on that. In the end, my bro. took both my kids (at separate times) for their first haunted mansion experience (wasn't on purpose- just worked out that way. I wasn't around either time.). After Luke's first time he was hooked and asked for it CONSTANTLY. Andrew put up with it (ie. covered ears in elevator and eyes the rest the way through- ha). Luke had a commentary as we went through- told me all about everything and how it was ALL pretend.
His favorites:

Haunted Mansion- first ride he requested. I had gone over alone the first day because the other families weren't ready: read my kids got up nice and early. We headed straight over there and walked right into the mansion. Luke had a VERY tight grip and Andrew started yelling "NOOOO, NOOOOOOO" at which point I decided to wait until more adults were around to go on that. In the end, my bro. took both my kids (at separate times) for their first haunted mansion experience (wasn't on purpose- just worked out that way. I wasn't around either time.). After Luke's first time he was hooked and asked for it CONSTANTLY. Andrew put up with it (ie. covered ears in elevator and eyes the rest the way through- ha). Luke had a commentary as we went through- told me all about everything and how it was ALL pretend.

Second favorite: Pirates of the Caribbean- ask him about the 3 drops- he loves them. This was the last ride we went on- Luke's choice. Of course, our second to last ride was Haunted Mansion.
Other favorites:
Buzz Lightyear Ride- Kiley brought Luke's costume and he wore it exactly once on the ride. I thought he'd wear it all night so I didn't even get a picture but it was WAY cute.

Luke and Sarah

Kiley and Uriah (on this same ride I got two-hundred and fifty something- can't find the picture. I was so excited and then Kiley had beat me by less than 5k. Figures. Hey wait, I just looked at the pictures and I think I got 266k so I actually beat him- Wow!! That was by far my best- most were 60-90k)

Cheryl-Lynn, Andrew, and Melinda
Luke also really liked the other Toy Story Ride- Toy Mania. It's definitely one of my favorites too- just wish it had fast pass!

Finally, Luke liked the Matterhorn. Luke says, "I liked the pretend snowman- I liked all of it!" I think he especially liked feeling brave!

Finally, Luke liked the Matterhorn. Luke says, "I liked the pretend snowman- I liked all of it!" I think he especially liked feeling brave!
Luke's Favorite Character: Aladdin (could be because of the play too)







3 comments:
Great pictures! In ALL my trips to Disneyland (at least 50 in the last 5 years) I've never seen Peter Pan. Can you believe it? I demand a refund! :) I'm so glad you had a good time. Your boys are just adorable.
i miss disneyland! we talk about it and look at pictures everyday. we need to do it again in a few years. :)
Looks like fun! I love that Andrew had to be forced onto the rides. Ha.
Post a Comment