Andrew and Luke are my two little buddies. Andrew is in a really fun stage of life right now. He's picking up new words every day. Granted, I'm one of the few people who can probably understand him...50 % of the time. I'm always amazed to hear toddlers talk and actually pronounce things like a grown-up. My kids haven't done that. Nevertheless, Andrew is taking off with talking and it is so fun. He still loves balls and cars. He gives really great hugs and kisses. One book we read he kisses all the pictures of animals (the last page asks him to kiss the monkeys goodnight and now he has to kiss them on all the pages). He also loves playing outside. Have you read my other post? About our icky visitors? Yeah, makes me nervous inside but even more in the backyard. What should I do? At least Andrew likes shoes or Crocs anyway. All the time. He is super opinionated about his clothes. He's like to wear a shirt with a ball on it all day every day. He does not like layers. He likes his Crocs. He often doesn't want a diaper on but of course has no interest in potty training yet. Luke and Andrew love playing together. It involves a lot of laughing, running, and oh yes, yelling. Both boys care about what their playing with...one because he's 4 and one because he's opinionated. Oh the joys of being a mother. I try to be in another room when they're going at it. I don't want to be a referee all my life- they need to learn, right?
Luke is also fun (most the time- at least before night time). He's still fun at night but often ornery because he didn't take a nap...or because he did. We're at a very awkward stage with naps. But really, how can I complain? Even when he doesn't take naps he still gives me 2 hours of quiet time. The cute kid loves books still but he also loves the Wii, computer games, movies, and music. He's a great big brother and loves playing with Andrew. He also loves preschool and soaks up anything schoolish. He would do hooked on phonics all day every day if I let him. He's spent several quiet times reading his workbooks and then giving himself stars on his chart. I keep telling him he needs to pass them off with me but he likes spending more time than I have on it so what do you do? We're working on not whining so if anyone has any great ideas about how to handle that feel free to pass them along.
Sorry for the pictureless post. My sister just came to visit so I have some great shots- just not on the laptop and I decided it was about time I updated. I'm so grateful for my kids! They are wonderful and certainly help in getting through those not so fun times.
4 comments:
Can't wait to see some pictures soon! :) Luke is such a good kid. Just don't talk to him if he whines. I tell the girls that if they need something they need to talk to me like a big girl, not like a whining baby, and then I ignore them until they fix it. I hate whining!! Andrew sounds like such a little sweetheart. Wish we lived closer!
If you figure out the whining thing, please call me first. We are majorly struggling with that right now. I love your kids. They are so sweet and fun.
Luke and Hooked on Phonics? He's got to be his mama's son. Danielle and I were discussing the amazing quantity of literature that YOU go through!
And I have to laugh at Andrew wanting to wear a shirt with a ball on it! It reminds me of this time when Jacob only wanted to wear this one orange buffalo shirt! Ha!
I am not going to claim that my kids never whine, but I do have something that seems to help, and if nothing else, it helps MY sanity. Anytime they have a whine-voice, I stop, tell them that I can't understand their whine voice and when they are ready to talk to me with their nice voice, i will be able to understand what they want or need.
Another thing I have done is to tell them "I hear what you are saying. I know you want _______(whatever they are whining for), but my answer is _________." I think sometimes they are whining because they sincerely think we are not listening or understanding them! Of course they are so wrong, but that's what they think. ;)
I don't know how you are braving the scorpions. Ahhh! You know, when we bought and sold our house in Vegas, there had to be something in the contract about how occasionally, there is a hint of stench in the air from the pig farm miles outside of town. Why could THAT be something so important to have in a contract, and yet SCORPIONS doesn't need to be mentioned to buyers!?!?!?! Something is wrong there! Can they spray for them?
Post a Comment