As we were driving to Las Vegas (this was our 4th car trek in 2 weeks over 5 + hours long) Andrew (who has grown tired of these expeditions) spent much of the glorious trip squealing and making other lovely high pitched/crying noises. About an hour away, Luke decided to make some high pitched noises of his own. Neither Kiley nor I were a fan of these noises and told him this in, I'm sure, the nicest tones we could muster after listening to child #2 for 4 hours (and stopping for 3 potty breaks because child #1 got a new sippy cup for this trip and it was a HUGE success- he emptied it's contents in no time flat). When he failed to follow our instructions, Kiley reached behind his seat and grabbed Luke's leg to let him know we really were serious about the quiet business. As soon as Kiley's hand touched his leg, Luke immediately quipped, "Daddy, you better be nice or the Holy Ghost won't be with you." Kiley and I couldn't hide our laughter. When he started talking I thought he was going to tell Kiley he had to go to his room since this is a phrase Luke hears quite often. Nope, clearly Luke has been listening in church. The laughter did not go unnoticed by our little three (almost four) year old and we now get to hear this anytime we set limits or redirect this kid!
*on a side note this Thursday we are making our 6th 5+ hour journey of the month. Hopefully both boys will LOVE it, sit peacefully in their seats looking at books the ENTIRE time while we take exactly ONE potty break. Actually, Kiley's taking the boys and I get to drive the kid-less car so I guess I don't really need to worry about the noises coming out of these two. Phew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







9 comments:
Hahaha! At least he's been listening in church. Too funny, but probably very annoying when he says it all the time when you try to set him straight.
Lucky you for not having kids in the car!!!
Oh, that is so cute.
Have a safe trip. I'm gonna miss ya terribly Cheryl-Lynn! -Anna
Too funny. They always know just when to nail you and what tool to use don't they?
So hey! Hope you guys decide to move back into our ward. We sure have missed you!!!
That is so cute! I love when things like that are said. It really does make your heart melt. Fun to see that they are learning and understanding what it all means.
That just reinforces my opinion of Luke's potential to help Jacob be righteous. I am so excited for you to come down!!
So funny! I'm sure it isn't as funny now though if he is saying it all the time. That is what our boys do---once they hear us laugh at something we hear it all day, all week, all month long!
Luke is so sweet! I feel your car trip pain. We barely survived our last one to CA!
that is so funny! what a smart kid. we are going to miss you guy so much! I am already dreading our car ride out to Ohio,and we just have one kid.
Post a Comment