(from a letter someone wrote to Sister Kapp about her daughter's struggles with infertility)
My oldest daughter battled infertility for several years....[She] demonstrated...a determination that she was not going to be defined by her condition and often commented that she was in the good company of Sister Ardeth Kapp. Many times people would say to her: 'You just need to have enough faith.' Hasn't Sister Kapp had enough faith? Sister Kapp's life continually shows that faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.
Stand As a Witness: The Biography of Ardeth Greene Kapp by Anita Thompson pg 134
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
what a great quote. thanks for sharing it.
that is a great quote..love it. I have never heard people say "you just need a little more faith" to people who struggle with infertility. But i am glad that it is cleared up.
For some reason i have thought about you a lot the last few days. I guess i just miss you. Hopefully i get to see you sometime before you guys head to Vegas.
That is a great quote. I think faith can be a really tough concept to understand and that I sometimes kind of think if you have enough faith you will get what you want. This helps put things in perspective.
Post a Comment