Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Prayers of a Two-Year Old


So we have been working with Luke a while on saying prayers. He went through a phase where he wouldn't say them but this last week he has started saying them again. Two things he ALWAYS says he is thankful for are Buzz Lightyear and Woody. I think it is cute (in my VERY unbiased opinion, of course) and HALARIOUS because we don't own any Toy Story paraphanelia or own the DVDs. We HAVE checked them out at the library...a few months ago...SO why they always get included is a mystery to me. Today before nap he also mentioned pretty much every toy in sight (we haven't got the shutting eyes down yet)- intermixed with Daddy, Mommy, Luke, and Shadow. At least he understands he should be thankful for his family AND the things he plays with! His prayers pretty much consist of things he's thankful for- I should learn from him and include more things I'm grateful for in my prayers. Maybe for his birthday he'll get a Buzz Lightyear or Woody book or something. He did tell me the other day he wants a brother next and his name should be Buzz Lightyear!

3 comments:

Mikki said...

So sweet!! I could definitely take a lesson on gratitude from him as well.

Shalena said...

Out of the mouths of babes! I love to hear what kids say they are so bright and random, but very cute!

Mary said...

They never grow out of praying for what they play with. Josh still gives thanks for his transformers.